The Blue River Campground is located here in beautiful Blue River, British Columbia, Canada. We can be found on Highway #5, half way between Jasper and Kamloops. Blue River is best known for its tranquillity and spectacular scenery. The area's rivers, mountains and lakes provide a vast playground for the outdoor enthusiast.
Come and enjoy a fishing adventure in Blue River. Our lakes and streams are full of rainbow and lake trout, Kokanee and Dolly Varden. Many of the small lakes in the area are easily accessible. Campground staff will give you maps and directions to get you to a perfect fishing spot.
- Boats, fishing gear and outdoor equipment are available for rent at the campground office.
North American Indians are responsible for creating today’s version of the canoe. A frame of wooden ribs covered with the lightweight bark of Birch trees. These boats, which have remained virtually unchanged in design for thousands of years, proved to be ideal for travelling the numerous streams, rivers and lakes of North America. Canoeing allows you to naturally explore the wonders of the lakes around Blue River. Experience unparalleled wildlife viewing and scenery with one of our canoe packages.
- A pleasure paddle on Eleanor Lake (1-3 hours) $25 (transportation included if needed) Close to the campsite with beach, playground and concession stand.
- Mud Lake Excursion to Parberry Falls (3-4 hours) $75 includes transportation Equipped with walkie-talkies, you will glide along the shore of Mud Lake to Parberry Falls, on the way you can stop and enjoy a picnic on a sandy beach. The lake is surrounded by the majestic Monashee Mountains which is home to bears, moose, cougars and wolverines.
- Wilderness Experience at Murtle Lake (2 plus days) see Prices Page (transportation must be prebooked) The portage to the lagoon is just the beginning of an adventure which includes 65km of shoreline, 20 backcountry campsites, amazing hikes and nothing but unspoiled and pristine wilderness. One of the best multi day canoe trips in BC. Our rentals are popular; it is highly recommended that you book ahead. Blue River is the Gateway to Murtle Lake in Wells Grey Provincial Park, a well-known canoeist’s paradise.
- Additionally there are numerous other beautiful lakes in the area that are worthwhile exploring.
The campground store sells snacks, pop, ice cream, camping accessories, toys and souvenirs. With excellent fishing nearby, we also stock fishing-gear, and awesome hand-tied fishing-flies! Freshly brewed coffee and a magazine & book lending library will help you to pass the time while waiting for your laundry.
Check out our Activities page for more information on Blue River attractions like the great family beach at Eleanor Lake!